Dr. Shikha Sharma completed medicine from Maulana Azad Medical College in 1992. Thereafter she worked in the Department of Cardiology as a Junior Resident in G.B. Pant Hospital. It was there that the desire to work in preventive Medicine emerged.
In this regard, she started a health based organization named “Clinique De Rejuvenation” in the year 1999, which primarily aimed as a weight management clinic. Since then, the clinic has been recognized as a pioneer in research based solutions for weight management and nutrition. The organization works on the concept of “ Nutirgenetics” which is an amalgamation of ancient wisdom of ayurveda and knowledge of contemprory medicine.
In the year 2003, Dr. Shikhas Nutri-Health Systems Private Limited, New Delhi was added to create a vision for integrative and holistic wellness. The organization under the guidance of Dr. Shikha Sharma, is working towards the goal of creating awareness regarding healthy eating and lifestyle practices.
Dr. Shikha Sharma writes frequently in several national dailies like Hindustan Times, The Times of India, Indian Express and magazines like India today, Femina and Cosmopolitan, to name a few. Associated with the various Health programme, she has frequently appeared as a guest on different TV Channels like STAR TV, CNBC, NDTV, ZEE TV, SAHARA TV and Home TV etc.
- She recently attended an international conference on obesity at United States of America in October 2007. There she met and shared ideas and experiences with eminent personalities renowned globally in the field of medicine and obesity management.
- She was facilitated with prestigious KALPANA CHAWLA Award in year 2007.
- She was the official nutritionist at Ponds Femina Miss India Contest in the year 2006
- Dr. Shikha was one of the speakers at an International Conference at the Fortis Hospital where she shared her experiences with eminent doctors
- She was selected by India Today in 2004 as one of the 50 young achievers of the country ( published in India Today magazine )
- She was also felicitated with Women Achiever Award from FICCI in year 2004,
- She was honored with The Women Achievers Award in 1999. She was awarded the Talented Ladies Award by the Bharat Nirman Society.
At present Dr. Shikha is member of the Governing Body of Maietry College.
Dr. Shikha is presently on the Governing Body Young Indians (a body affiliated to CII) is an organization devoted to bringing young achievers on a common platform. The mandate for the young achievers is to give back to society by contributing time and intellectual skills to create progress in India. The areas of focus are Environment, Employability, Health, Youth affairs, and learning. Dr. Shikha is currently the National Co Chair Health.
She divides her time between the chain of clinics (under the name of Nutri Health Systems ), the Diet Helpline centre and other activities.